Oliver Dewey Mayor Foundation Grant Request Policies
The Board will Consider…
- Programs that benefit the largest population possible.
- Youth activities and programs.
- Medical related programs.
- Education and community service opportunities.
- Leadership training and activities.
- Cultural activities.
- The Governors look with favor on grants where there are matching funds and may also issue a challenge to organizations to raise funds and a match will then be made.
The Board will not Consider…
- Grants to churches and alcohol rehabilitation programs.
- Grants to other Foundations unless that foundation is used as a pass through vehicle. The intent is not to take assets from the Mayor Foundation to enhance the asset base of another foundation.
- Grants for scholarships.
- Grants for band uniforms, cheerleaders, football teams, etc.
- Grants for golf tournaments.
- Grants solely for individuals to attend conventions or conferences.
- Grant requests where continuation of the project will depend on ongoing grants from The Mayor Foundation.
- Grants where the proceeds will be used for salaries.
- Grants where there is a duplication of services in an area.
- Grants where there is no evidence of community and Board commitment both in kind and financially.